Scalene Greenergy Corporation Launches Micro and Mini Organic Natural Gas Plant
BANGALORE, FEBRUARY 07: Scalene Greenergy Corporation Limited (SGCL), a leader in innovative technologies in Biotechnology, oil and gas and environmental sciences, has launched micro and mini SERIGASTM organic natural gas plants today. Based on the technology of Microbial Incubated Bio Reaction system (MIBR), these micro and mini SERIGASTM gas plants are designed to produce natural gas from 3 kilograms to 4000 kilograms of feed per day.
Mr. KL Dhingra, chairman and Managing Director of ITI Limited, Bangalore, launched the SERIGASTM plants along with Dr. AR Shukla, Advisor, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India and Dr. Rajah Vijay Kumar, Group Chairman, Organization de Scalene. A host of other dignitaries including, Mr. Murali Kasi, Executive Director of SGCL, Mr. PA Backer, Managing Director of SCGL, Mrs. Rajani Vijay Kumar, Executive Director, Scalene Cybernetics Limited and other industry leaders witnessed the event.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. AR Shukla, Advisor, MNRE (Ministry of Nonconventional & Renewable Energy) opined, “This technology will be one of the landmark contributions to the households and industries since it is of use to both lower capacity household and as well as in higher capacity industrial purposes such as cooling and refrigeration, pumps, vehicular applications and power generation. SERIGASTM comes at a time when there is acute shortage of energy and is a boon to households and industries.”
SERI organic fuel technology, a proprietary technology, is the first of its kind in the world that has been the result of over 8 years of research and development at Scalene Energy Research Institute (SERI). It has been designed to process any organic feed stock including food waste, kitchen waste, vegetable wastes, agricultural wastes, municipal solid wastes, slaughter house wastes, fish waste, poultry waste, water weeds such as water hyacinth, water lettuce and used news paper.
In the view of recent quest for alternate and clean energy sources, SERIGASTM comes as a significant step in alleviating the need for energy. Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Rajah Vijay Kumar, Group Chairman, Organization de Scalene said, “It is a proud moment for us today. We believe that SERIGASTM will change the production and consumption of energy, at the time when the entire world is facing a severe energy crunch.”
SERI organic fuel technology is a multi stage, variable HRT, Microbial Incubated Bio Reaction (MIBR) system. The process aids in production of highly purified combustible gas in quantities 30 -60% higher than any currently used technologies. The design of the unit is fully modular with scope for expansion. SERIGAS has the efficiency of LPG and safety of firewood when used in cooking. Power can be produced even with the lowest capacity SERIGASTM plants with an optional small generator.
Highlights/Features of SERIGASTM Plants:
* A revolution in bio-methanization technology.
* Organic Natural Gas can be produced from any organic waste matter.
* Cost of gas production is significantly cheaper compared to conventional technologies.
* SERIGAS can be used for cooking, in automobiles or can be used to generate electricity.
* Can be installed quickly and easily at a low cost.
* Byproducts include NPK rich organic fertilizers and organic pest repellant.
* Plant is compact and does not require much space.
* No civil work required for plants up to 300kg/day capacity and minimal civil work required for plants above 300 kg /day capacity.
* Plant operation is fully automatic.
* SERIGAS can be connected to existing/modified LPG stoves/cook tops.
* No carbon emissions. Carbon dioxide produced is reused in the system.
* Can avail carbon credits under UNFCC CDM Mechanism
* Extremely low hydrogen sulphide in SERIGASTM.
* Highly modular and can be expanded easily.
Uses/Advantages of SERIGASTM:
* Reduces waste management efforts and costs for customers and authorities.
* SERIGASTM is refined and purified to CNG standards.
* A replacement fuel for LPG, Diesel, Furnace oil, LDO and wood.
* SERIGASTM can be used in D.G.Sets and Boilers, in Thermic fluid heating, and for domestic and industrial cooking purposes.
* Carbon emissions are minimal compared to any other fuel.
* Highly economical and easy and safe to handle.
* Support from MNRE for gas bottling and electricity production.