Pune: Mercedes-Benz India today announced the launch of India’s most comprehensive driving events platform: ‘Mercedes-Benz Performance Drive’. The launch of ‘Mercedes-Benz Performance Drive’ further reiterates the brand’s vision and pioneering initiatives for the Indian automobile enthusiasts. Being a performance brand, this one-of-its-kind driving platform from Mercedes-Benz India offers motoring enthusiasts an opportunity to hone their driving skills in progressive steps through certified programs conducted by certified global trainers.
Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “Mercedes-Benz has been a performance brand and committed to performance driving since the beginning of motorsports. Being a performance brand our engagements are not limited to race drivers alone but encompass motoring enthusiasts as well. In India, the ‘Mercedes-Benz Performance Drive’ will address people across interest levels and skill sets through multitude of engagement opportunities and further the spirit of motoring and performance driving. One may be an enthusiast desiring an adrenalin-fix or seeking to experience the best of modern
automobile technology; one may be a high flying corporate with the attitude best defined by “Fast Life Fast Cars”. One may be an enthusiast seeking unique thrilling experiences- or a youngster with of dreams of the career on the race track: whatever the ambition or skill level, the customized driving programs under the umbrella ‘Mercedes Benz Performance Drive’ offers exciting possibilities. We are happy that this platform will address the needs of motoring enthusiasts and hope to be a catalyst in heralding the culture of performance driving in India.”
The Mercedes -Benz Performance Drive is a program that rests on the six key pillars which will ensure that people with different expectations and skill levels can engage effectively with Mercedes-Benz Performance Drive.
1. Young Star Driver Program: For the first time Mercedes-Benz India is created this exclusive platform to spot, nurture and launch young stars in the Formula 1 and DTM racing circuit. Open for future stars between 15-25 years, this unique event will be conducted in association with the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI). Top performers will have an opportunity to undergo Advance Training in Germany then the PRO training and finally the masters SLS AMG GT3 training.
2. Star Off-Road Experience: This is first of its kind off-roading experience wherein participants in this program will be invited to Pune the home of Mercedes-Benz India where the specially created off road test-track where the powerful SUVs from Mercedes stable will await them. Under supervision of experienced trainers the participants will be taught the basics of off-road driving. A chauffeured Mercedes for ground transport and a visit to the plant are additional highlights of the program.
3. Track Day Experience: For the first time in India, the corporate czars will get an opportunity to burn rubber in the iconic Buddh international Circuit on a range of high performance AMG Cars. The event will include qualifying rounds over two days and opportunity to get trained by professionals on performance driving techniques like cornering, braking, slalom etc. Also on the anvil is Corporate Track Day and programs for team building activities around performance driving.
4. International Driving experiences: Motoring enthusiasts in India now have a host of opportunities to drive highly versatile cars in most exotic locations through this route. So be it a snow-driving program near the Arctic Circle or a world tour in the G-Class, exotic driving experiences are now available at the fingertips for the Indian enthusiast.
5. AMG Driving Academy: Motoring enthusiasts who dream of a career on the track will experience track driving in powerful AMG series of cars from Mercedes-Benz and will be trained under race veterans and professionals about the different nuances of performance driving in this adrenaline gushing engagement.
6. Star Drive experience: An engagement that enables participants to experience the capabilities of the Mercedes-Benz cars and SUVs through specially created driving situations. Get behind the wheel and push your limits of driving under supervision of trained professionals, at the Star Drive experience.
Mercedes was rated #1 ‘Most Exciting Brand in a Neilsen study published in January 2013. Over its 127 years of existence, Mercedes-Benz has retained its ‘contemporary’ appeal with focus upon its core values of passion, fascination and innovation. The ‘Mercedes-Benz Performance Drive’ is expected to further reinforce this imagery.